You can use the Airmega skill to ask Alexa about the indoor air quality, change the fan speed, or turn off the light without lifting a finger. Here are the steps to get started.
1. Alexa device paired and connected to network.
2. Airmega (300S/400S-ONLY) paired and connected to network (https://airmega.com/faq/)
3. Open the Alexa app.
4. Search “Airmega” under the “Skills” tab
5. Click “Enable Skill” on Airmega in-app. then login using the Airmega ID/PW to verify device(s)
6. If connected, you’ll receive a message of “Your airmega skill was successfully linked”
7. Test the Airmega commands as you wish!
Alexa ask airmega to turn on the device
Alexa ask airmega to turn off the device
Alexa ask airmega to activate the smart mode
Alexa ask airmega to activate the sleep mode
Alexa ask airmega to change the fan speed to Level one
Alexa ask airmega to change the fan speed to Level two
Alexa ask airmega to change the fan speed to Level three
Alexa ask airmega to turn the light on
Alexa ask airmega to turn the light off
Alexa ask airmega to set the one hour sleep timer
Alexa ask airmega to set the two hour sleep timer
Alexa ask airmega to set the four hour sleep timer
Alexa ask airmega to set the eight hour sleep timer
Alexa ask airmega about the filter lifetime
Alexa ask airmega about the indoor air quality
If you have more than one Airmega in your home, you will need to give each of your Airmega units a nickname in order to control them using Alexa. This name will be used every time you issue a command to Alexa. Below please find a list of valid nickname forms. These nicknames must be applied in order, so that the first nickname in the list identifies your first Airmega unit, while the second nickname in the list identifies your second, and so on.
1) NATO Alphabet: Airmega Alpha, Airmega Bravo, Airmega Charlie, Airmega Delta, Airmega Echo, Airmega Foxtrot, Airmega Golf, Airmega Hotel, Airmega India, Airmega Juliet
2) Rainbow Spectrum: Airmega Red, Airmega Orange, Airmega Yellow, Airmega Green, Airmega Blue, Airmega Indigo, Airmega Violet
3) Planet Order: Airmega Sun, Airmega Mercury, Airmega Venus, Airmega Earth, Airmega Mars, Airmega Jupiter, Airmega Saturn, Airmega Uranus, Airmega Neptune
4) Number: Airmega One, Airmega Two, Airmega Three, Airmega Four, Airmega Five, Airmega Six, Airmega Seven, Airmega Eight, Airmega Nine, Airmega Ten (Alexa sometimes may confuse “Airmega Two” with “Airmega to” and “Airmega Four” with “Airmega for”. The numerical sequence is least recommended when making commands in multi-device setting.)
“Alexa ask air mega to turn on the air mega”
“Alexa ask air mega to switch on the smart mode”
“Alexa ask air mega about the max two filter lifetime”