NEW! You can now change the color of your lights and rooms. For more information see below. NEW!
Compatible with: Philips Hue Bridge V2 (square shape) to add support for Philips Hue scenes* and rooms. On, off, and dimming of lights is already supported on both Philips Hue Bridge V2 and V1 with Amazon manufactured Alexa products (e.g. Echo, Dot, FireTV).
With the Philips Hue skill and Alexa, you can now interact with your Philips Hue lights, rooms, and scenes. To get started, select the “Enable Skill” button in the Alexa App to link your Philips Hue account and say, “Alexa, discover devices”.
To control scenes, simply tell Alexa to turn on <scene name> in the <room name>.
– “Alexa, turn on Relax in the Bedroom”.
– “Alexa, turn on Energize in the Kitchen”.
In the Hue app, default scenes are created automatically for each room, e.g. Relax, Concentrate, Energize, Arctic Aurora, Dimmed and more. Scene names can be found in the Philips Hue app ‘Room’ tab after you select a specific room. Feel free to create new scenes that work just for you! After creating or renaming a scene, simply say, “Alexa, discover devices” to have them work with Alexa.
To control several lights in the same room, simply tell Alexa to turn on <room name> .
– “Alexa, turn on Bedroom”.
– “Alexa, brighten Kitchen to 60%”.
There are two ways to define rooms.
– Use the name(s) you set up already in the Hue app – these are shown in the Philips Hue app ‘Room’ tab, OR
– Create an Alexa group and add the device(s) to the group in the Alexa App. More information is available at http://tinyurl.com/alexa-smart-home-groups.
– You can turn devices on/off, for example: “Alexa, turn on my Bedroom lights” or “Alexa, turn off the Kitchen lights”.
– You can change the brightness, for example: “Alexa, brighten Dining Room to 60%”, or “Alexa, dim the Living Room lights”.
– It offers possibilities for playing with colors on color lights. Say, “Alexa, set the bedroom light to orange”
– You can control shades of white on your Hue white ambiance lights, from cool energising daylight to relaxing warm white light. Say:
– “Alexa, set the kitchen light to cool white”
– “Alexa, make the living room warmer”
Find more information about connecting Smart Home devices at http://tinyurl.com/alexa-smart-home.
In case you still have questions, see the FAQ: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/support/faq-categories/partners/amazon-alexa/
Note: When linking the Smart Home skill using your Google account with an iOS device, on the first try this may not complete. Please repeat process and completion should be successful. If not, try using a browser to enable Philips Hue with Google+ first, or check the FAQ link above.
*Hue Smart Home skill is not compatible with scenes from the Philips Hue app Gen 1.
“Alexa, turn on Living Room lights”
“Alexa, turn on Relax in the Kitchen”
“Alexa, set the Kitchen light to Green”