With the iDevices skill, you can now use Alexa to interact with your iDevices smart home products by voice. To get started, select the ‘Enable Skill’ button in the Alexa App. Login into your Amazon account in the iDevices Connected app to link and discover your products. Find more information about connecting smart home devices with Alexa at http://amzn.to/291lR7u.
When using the skill, you need to specify by name which product(s) you want to control.
* For single product control use the specific name you set up already in the iDevices Connected app
* For multiple products, create an Alexa group in the Alexa app, like Bedroom or Downstairs, and add the products you want to the group. More information is available at http://amzn.to/2965dCE.
Once you know the name or group, you can say the following:
* For iDevices products with power or lighting control, you can turn them on or off, for example: “Alexa, turn on Bedroom lights”.
* For iDevices products that support dimming, such as Socket or Wall Dimmer, you can change the brightness, for example: “Alexa, brighten Downstairs by 30 percent”, or “Alexa, dim the Living Room lights”.
* If you have iDevices Thermostat, you can change the temperature, for example: “Alexa, decrease Bedroom by 3 degrees”, or “Alexa, set Downstairs temperature to 72”. You can also ask about thermostat temperatures, for example: “Alexa, what is the Thermostat set to?”, or “Alexa, what is the Bedroom temperature?”
If you have any questions, please visit the iDevices FAQ at http://idevicesinc.com/support/socket/230362628/.
“Alexa, turn on the Bedroom lights.”
“Alexa, dim the Kitchen.”
“Alexa, what is the Thermostat set to?”