With the NETGEAR Skill and Alexa™, you can now control your NETGEAR routers, DSL Gateways and Orbi™ Home WiFi Systems using voice commands. Using the NETGEAR Skill, you can ask Alexa to enable a guest WiFi network or securely remind you of your own WiFi passwords via an Alexa card, or reboot your router. To take full advantage of these features, you need a supported NETGEAR router and an Amazon Alexa enabled product such as an Amazon Echo®, Fire® TV voice remote. For more information, visit: http://amazon.com.
1. To get started, please make sure that your NETGEAR product has remote access feature enabled in genie app. For more information on NETGEAR remote access feature for genie, please visit: www.netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx.
2. Ask Alexa to enable NETGEAR skill – “Alexa, enable NETGEAR skill” to get instructions in your Alexa app to link your NETGEAR remote access account with your Alexa account.
3. In the Alexa app on your device, search for NETGEAR Skill, select the ‘Enable Skill’ button to link your NETGEAR account used for remote genie registration. Then, you can start using the skill.
Some example commands are:
1. Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network
2. Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable 5G guest network
3. Alexa, ask NETGEAR to disable guest network
4. Alexa, ask NETGEAR what are my WiFi settings
5. Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router
More information is available at http://www.netgear.com/Alexa
Currently the NETGEAR Skill is supported on the following NETGEAR devices:
1. Nighthawk® AC1900 (Model: R7000)
2. Nighthawk® AC2300 (Model: R7000P)
3. Nighthawk® X4S (Model: R7800 and D7800)
4. Nighthawk® X6 (Model: R8000)
5. Nighthawk® X8 (Model: R8500 & Model: D8500)
6. Nighthawk® X10 (Model: R9000)
7. Orbi™ (Model: RBK50 and RBK53)
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR to reboot my router”
“Alexa, ask NETGEAR what are my WiFi settings”